[pcp] problem with pmrep on Mac OS X
Nathan Scott
2017-08-01 01:04:08 UTC
Hi Ken,
[...]
I tried, but the module name is different (ordereddict not OrderedDict)
and even when I change that and run setup.py install the python run-time
does not want to find the module.
I plan to notrun any pmrep qa tests on my Mac OS X machine.
We'll likely need a configure check here - the problem extends beyond pmrep

$ grep -rl OrderedDict src
src/pmdas/json/pmdajson.python
src/pmdas/prometheus/pmdaprometheus.python
src/pmrep/pmrep.py

cheers.

Nathan
Mark Goodwin
2017-08-01 02:11:14 UTC
This has been reported before, back in Feb 2016, see "pmrep error on
RHEL6.4 / python2.66".
It's the same problem on early versions of RHEL6 where OrderedDict isn't in
the default python version.
I agree we need a configure check and qa/notrun for all affected platforms,
not just OSX.

Cheers
Post by Nathan Scott
Hi Ken,